The Latest Advance in Ultrasound-Guided Ovum Pickup
The Heifer Handle 3 is a custom-designed ultrasound accessory device designed to place the most advanced OPU procedures within reach of even small clinics.
Specially engineered for early heifers, the Heifer Handle 3 is engineered for convenient, one-handed operation and guidance. As the most compact OPU transducer in the large animal veterinary field, the Heifer Handle 3 uses a light rod with threaded short needles (WTA) for a fail proof setup, allowing your practice to harvest oocytes from younger, smaller donors.
In addition, the Heifer Handle 3 is permanently sealed, so it’s easier to clean, as well as easier to use.
With 128 elements and a frequency band of 5.0-7.5MHz, the OPU transducer allows accurate visualisation with very high resolution. The OPU transducer is a microconvex transducer with a 25mm field of view and a 150° angle across which the crystals are spread. This allows a wide view angle and easy visualisation of the whole ovary in a single image.
Our new, smaller device allows you to:
- Harvest more oocytes
- Enable your elite females to produce more offspring than ever
- Harvest ova from non-pregnant donors
- Compatible with all major portable ultrasound devices
Permanent Watertight Seal
- Allows earlier ovum pickup
- Is easier to clean – just wipe down outside
- Empowers you to customize client services
- Enables you to build more business
Offers These Benefits
- Increase speed of genetic improvements in herds thanks to improvements in oocyte harvesting
- Longer donor aspiration periods
- Harvest oocytes from pregnant donors without disturbing fetus
- Reduced volume of semen required for more fertilizations
- Shorter turnaround time between procedures
- Recover oocytes from donors which have not achieved puberty
- Recover oocytes from slaughtered donors or donors prior to an anticipated death event
The Heifer Handle 3 works with the Honda high density micro-convex, giving you unparalleled detail for imaging of follicles down to 1mm. This handle can be used with the Honda 1600V, 2100V, or 2200V models.
Our new smaller, lighter Heifer Handle is sealed and protected by a manufacturer lifetime warranty on the handle. If your seal ever fails, just send it in and we’ll repair or replace it at no additional charge.
Call Toll-Free 800-336-5299 in the US or Canada, or 303-823-6330 Office Direct/Int’l